Located in Barrie, Ontario, Preview Breast Screening is pleased to offer individuals the opportunity to proactively assess their breast health using gentle and radiation-free 3D Automated Breast Ultrasound (ABUSTM) screening technology as an adjunct to screening mammography.
Women with greater breast density in particular are proactively choosing ABUS to supplement their screening mammography exams for earlier and more accurate screening of gradual breast tissue changes over time. The primary purpose of ABUS is to bring added clarity and peace of mind to women with dense breast tissue when screening mammography may not be enough, thereby empowering them with additional information about their breast health long before breast cancer concerns arise.
Preview Breast Screening is an affliiation of Radiologists, Sonographers and other licensed Healthcare Professionals providing breast density education and access to advanced 3D automated breast ultrasound screening services in Ontario without the requirement for a doctor referral.
CONSIDER ABUS TODAY – IT JUST MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE!
ABUSTM is a trademark of GE Healthcare
Important Breast Density Facts
• Mammograms can miss every other cancer in dense breasts
• Breast density increases risk of breast cancer 4 to 6 times
• 40% of women have dense breast tissue
• Mammography is the only imaging tool radiologists use to measure and categorize breast density
• Breast density is not clearly reported on most mammogram reports in Canada
• Vast majority of screening women don't know their own breast density and associated breast cancer risk
• Many clinicians are not advising patients about breast density, mammographic detection limitations and risk